1. To change the attitude of farmers for using the bio fertilizers.
2. To popularize the use of bio fertilizers among the farmers
3. To familiarize the farmers about hazardous effects of chemical fertilizers.
Our college is located in the rural area where farming is the main occupation. The farmers cultivate various seasonal crops such as corn, onion, cotton, pulses and cereals along with leafy vegetables. The crops are seriously affected by use of chemical fertilizers and have adverse effect on the growth and productivity of crop. To overcome such problem use of bio fertilizer is helping the farmers to increase the soil fertility and crop productivity.
1. Teachers of Department of Botany are involved in creating awareness among farmers to use bio fertilizers.
2. In both Kharip and rabbi season the teacher and final year students arrange the demonstration Programme on application of bio fertilizers in the field of farmers, vicinity to Yeola.
3. Teacher gives information of adverse effect of chemical fertilizers and thereby importance of bio fertilizers.
Evidences of Success:
It has helped to farmers.
Problem encountered and resources required:
No problem has been encountered.