EVALUATION (CIE) SYSTEM
The College introduces the process of evaluation to assess the teaching learning process, marks obtained in unit test, model examination, internal test by students and practical exam and other academic performances.
- The marks secured by the students in the test are informed to students. The evaluation process and methods are communicated to all students by the department staff for their clear understanding in the beginning of the academic year.
- The evaluation methods are done in all fields of academic performance of each department.
- Teachers are trained to understand the evaluation process and their teaching strategies are assessed and evaluated through feedback obtained from students.
- The IQAC also gathers suggestions from the feedback of the students and analyses the suggestions and informs the evaluated reports to the Principal and all faculty members for rectification and correction.
- The college, being affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University follows the process specified by the University and adheres to the schedule specified; it cannot initiate any major changes by itself at the local level.
- P. Pune University issues detailed guidelines about the process of examination to follow through its academic-ordinances and supplementary communications by Controller of examination. In the last few years, the University has introduced internal evaluation system/Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) for all the colleges. Since the CCE is a part of the university evaluation process, the marks are to be forwarded to the university after conducting the CCE. It is ensured at the institutional level that the CCE is conducted strictly as per the university norms.
- The CCE, though a part of the university evaluation, and is transparent in the sense that the students are intimated of their performance in the test, and those students who underperform is given further chances of improvement. For summative assessment, the semester examinations are in place.
- The Internal evaluation of the students is done on the basis of marks secured by them, academic performance, attendance, participation in various curriculum, co-curricular, cultural, sports and extension activities.
- Test marks and their academic performances are displayed on the notice board and informed to the students well in advance to prepare and to initiate the students for more achievements and significant improvement during the last four years.
- Independent learning enhanced by organizing soft skill development programs and various co-curricular activities, use of teaching-learning tools Internet facility, etc.
Formative evaluation approaches for students:
- Unit Tests
- Project work
Continuous Internal Evaluation (CIE) system at the institutional level.
The College has introduced Continuous Internal Evaluation of students and teachers performance at the institutional level.
The College has introduced evaluation of teachers by the students.
Evaluation of Teachers by Students:
The students are involved in the evaluation of the teachers because they will have a substantially long period of interaction with the teachers and are therefore in a position to give a comparatively better evaluation.
Formal feedback from students:
- Students formally at the end of semester/academic year fill a Feedback Form that is designed to bring the strong and weak points in the performance of a teacher, in an objective way.
- Feedback is obtained from the students, subject-wise and class-wise. This feedback is analyzed, discussed and corrective measures are taken, if necessary.
- The feedback is directly submitted to the Principal where the students’ feedback is carefully analyzed and the strengths and weaknesses in their teaching method are analyzed. The principal shares this with the teachers individually for their improvement. Teachers get benefit through such assessments as they use them to rectify their shortcomings and build upon their strengths.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell:
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell undertakes the following internal quality checks:
The quality of teaching and learning process is being monitored by the IQAC on regular basis by evaluating the performance of each faculty through HOD and faculty In-charge.
IQAC co-coordinators’ direct contact with the stakeholder providing for feedback in an informal way. Moreover, the interest of students in lectures and the attendance recorded in each lecture is taken as automatic signals of feedback. In case of any deviant attitude of faculty towards students is reported, such reports are analyzed carefully and after cross checking the same, remedial measures are taken
- The efficiency of teaching learning process is assessed through the marks secured by the students in the Internal and University examination. The University examination results are critically analyzed by the Heads of Departments and discussed widely with the Principal for guidance and improvement of both teachers and students.
- Teachers as role models are expected to maintain regularity and punctuality in their lecture timings. The bio-metric machine was introduced for this purpose. It is also a step in the direction of moving towards a paperless office in future.
- The College has introduced self-assessment report/ self – Appraisal report to be filled by each teacher on an annual basis in the format given by the University. This enables the faculty to realize their academic stand and to engage themselves in activities towards furthering their academic status.
- As regards making the newly entered students aware of the system, classroom awareness sessions are conducted in each faculty programme by teachers.
- Prior announcements are made in the college notice board about the details of the tests/project work/ internal assessment, practical, term end, annual and university examinations.
- The evaluation methods are informed to the students well in advance through the induction programs conducted by the departments.
- The pattern of examination is explained by subject teachers in the classrooms.
- The previous examination question papers and model papers are made available to the students by teachers/in library. The students are informed about class tests and assignments in the class and also through the display notice boards. Display notice boards are also used for informing students about the award of internal assessment marks, and list of practical to be performed in the labs.
- At the end of the term, syllabus completion declarations by the faculty are given to the respective Heads of Departments/IQAC.
The academic audit is conducted periodically and provides suitable suggestions to the faculty to improve teaching learning.